It's a Sweet Sweet Life Living by the Salty Sea


“I’ve read a lot of books, wrote a few songs, looked at my life – where it’s going, where it’s gone. I’ve seen the world through a bus windshield, but nothing compares to the way that I see it when I sit in that old blue chair.” – Kenny Chesney

Florida for an entire week – ahhhh I was in Heaven. My grandparents have a condo and they spend a few months every winter down in Florida. I’ve been going to see them almost every year during Christmas Break or Spring Break since I was in 8th grade. It’s something I look forward to every year and this year definitely didn’t disappoint.

We had a full house this year. My grandparents, my mom and I, my aunt and uncle, my other aunt and uncle and two cousins all packed into 2 condos for the week. Yes, it was crowded but there’s nothing better than good company.

We really didn’t do anything too exciting. Our days consisted of the pool, the beach, and a nap. Below are some of the highlights and fun things we did!

since we were there shortly after Christmas, downtown was so pretty!

Lion Spotting with my favorite Phi Mus! Rho love :)

with Grace and my mom at my favorite beach to watch a sunset and then grab dinner

the view from dinner at one of my favorite restaurants!
  
I get my love of the beach from these two! I could watch those Florida sunsets every single night

I’ll end with the funniest story from this vacation. I’ll warn you now, this is one of those “you had to be there” stories, so you might not think it’s funny. But, my family is still laughing about it if that tells you anything.

My cousin Grace is a few years younger than me. Growing up she always felt like my little sister and still does. We have a very similar personality and when we are together, our maturity level drops to that of a 3rd grade boy. So, in true cousin fashion, we were all out shopping one night and Grace and I thought it would be funnier and more entertaining if we started talking in British accents until we got back to the condo. Well, Grace yelled something to her mom across the store using the accent, and a sales lady came up to Grace and said, “Oh wow, where are you from?!” And in her best Midwestern voice, Grace answered “Indiana.” and turned and ran out of the store. Hilarious doesn't even begin to describe it. Other memorable phrases include: This is grand exercise for grandmother’s knee, don’t get your knickers in a bunch over it, and jolly good times with my chums.

gram and gramps :) they deserve a "Grandparents of the Year" award!

So, grandma and grandpa, thanks again for letting us come and crash at your condo. I had the best time this year and am already looking forward to another visit (hopefully) this spring! LOVE YOU LOTS!!