Inching My Way Home

“I know you see me like some wide-eyed dreamer that just rolled in off a dusty Midwest bus. Yeah, on the outside I look fragile, but on the inside is something you can’t crush.” – Gwyneth Paltrow

Last week I got back in my traveling routine and visited two chapters before making my way home for the weekend (that’s another full blog to come)!

First stop: Western Kentucky University or WKU because “you can in Kentucky!”

home of #phimucc Hanna

The chapter was so welcoming and even had a little sign for me when picking me up at the airport in Nashville. How sweet! *See previous blog on the importance of knowing who is picking you up at the airport J

I arrived in my room to way too many snacks but just enough Diet Coke to get me through my visit! I also enjoyed getting a piece of Hanna’s mail that still comes to the house in my folder with materials for the visit.

I stayed in the President's room and made fun of Hanna for her subscription to Shape Magazine.

I visited at such a busy time for the chapter with Homecoming festivities (they won the Shenanigans dance competition! So proud of them!!) and also Big/Little week. Even with the busy schedule, they treated me so well. They were on time to their meetings, took me to fun meals, gave me a campus tour, and even helped me play a little prank on Hanna. See, Hanna deserved it after the little stunt she pulled a few weeks back with Emily while they were at UK (see previous blog). I may have told her a little white lie that the chapter wasn’t being nice to me and that they weren’t showing up for the meetings. She completely fell for it, so naturally I had to keep the prank going. I honestly didn’t think she would fall for it. The sweet President Sara even got in on the joke and we had Hanna believing every little bit of it. I finally ended the joke the night before I left and Hanna was more relieved than anything…although, I think she’s still a little mad that she fell for it J

the living room of the cute little chapter house where I had all of my meetings

I even got a picture with the coveted Karen Towell Award that the chapter won last spring for the Best Sisterhood on campus, and I believe it! They are so deserving of that award, and Hanna even showed me some of that amazing sisterhood as she set me up with some of her friends to hang out for the evening since I didn’t have any meetings that night. Love those phimuccs, always looking out for each other and helping a sister out.

Second stop: University of Evansville

BACK HOME AGAINNNNN IN INDIANAAAAAA! I was ecstatic to be back in my home state! When we crossed the Ohio River into Indiana I freaked out a little bit because I was so excited. I hadn’t been home since July so it was a big deal to be back in the Midwest!

I also had a great visit with this chapter! Unfortunately, I was only there for 1 full day, so I didn’t get any pictures and that one day was jam packed with meetings. The chapter was so accommodating and willing to work with my schedule for my relay across Indiana to make my way home, and I could never thank them enough for that.

I literally felt like I was inching my way home as I flew from New Orleans to Nashville, then drove from Bowling Green to Evansville. But, it.was.so.worth.it. A big thanks goes out to these chapters for listening to me talk about how excited I was to be heading home!