Back to the Beginning

“A journey is best measured in friends not miles.” – Tim Cahill

Holy cow it’s been awhile! Sorry for that. It’s definitely been a busy few weeks, but here are some updates finally!

October is off to such a good start, and I can’t even describe how happy that makes me! First stop: Oklahoma State University, where this whole adventure began. I was there for 10 days for workshops and recruitment at the beginning of the year, so I was so excited when I found out I would be headed back.

Top 5 Reasons it’s fun to re-visit this chapter:
1) I know who is picking me up from the airport and what she looks like! You laugh, but imagine riding the escalator down to the baggage claim hoping that an 18-22 year old will have on some type of Phi Mu paraphernalia so I can find her. More times than not, that doesn’t happen and I have to try and find someone who is staring at me (since I know they’ve looked me up online and on facebook to see just what they would be dealing with J). So, this is a BIG DEAL when you know who’s picking you up at the airport!
2) I know the chapter and campus already.
3) I know the house mom, which is a big deal since my room is right across from hers.
4) The house mom’s grandson ran up to me as soon as I arrived and gave me the biggest hug.
5) I was literally tackled by a chapter member as she hugged me because she was so happy that I was back.

Making friends along the way is a big part of this job and it’s one of my favorite parts. It’s so fun to reconnect with some of these members that I built friendships with during my first visit. I also got to catch up with a good friend who was an AOPi consultant last year who now works for their National HQ.  We got dinner one evening and it was just so nice to meet up with someone who understands the job and understands that having 2 hours away from consultant world can work wonders!

I didn’t get any pictures since it was such a short visit, but it really was fun to be back. See you in December, Stillwater!