A Little Bit of Everything

“Little miss do your best, little miss never rest, little miss be my guest I’ll make more anytime it runs out. Little miss you’ll go far, little miss hide your scars, little miss who you are is so much more than you like to talk about.” - Sugarland

I heard “Little Miss” today while I was running and I just love that song because 1) I love Sugarland and 2) it reminds me of my phimuccs. Miss them all so much. And speaking of, happy Installation Day to our newest chapter, Rho Iota, at the University of Kentucky tomorrow! Congrats Lauren and Jillian and everyone else who will be attending! J

And, to everyone who has been bugging me to update my blog, I’m sorry! I told you it would be the busiest 2 weeks of my consultant life!

Since last time…

The chapter had Semi-Formal at a really cool venue called the Eiffel Society. Part of the structure of the building is from the actual Eiffel Tower in Paris! When they were rebuilding the actual Eiffel Tower, they shipped part of it to New Orleans and now it’s part of this venue!

Kendra, the Colony Membership Coordinator, and Christa, the Colony Coordinator, visited the chapter to facilitate recruitment workshops this past week. The chapter responded well and we got so much accomplished. It was a busy week, but it was so productive and we had just a little bit of fun, too J

I got my schedule for next semester! Well, kind of. I’ll be a full-time traveler with frequent stops at Western Carolina and Elmhurst. I’ll still be in New Orleans through most of January to help with recruitment, but after that I’ll be back to living out of my suitcases and I couldn’t be more excited! But, I’m sure there will still be tears when I leave this chapter, since I’m the most emotional person in the world.

My family finalized our plans for going to Florida while I’m home for Christmas Break! As Kenny Chesney says, “All I want for Christmas is a real good tan.”

I’m preparing for 2 firsts in my life, thanks to phimucc Hanna. 1) Black Friday shopping. Turns out there’s an outlet mall about halfway between where Hanna and I live, so at 11pm on Thanksgiving night, I’ll be reunited with one of my consultant friends. Cannot wait! 2) Nashville! Dave Barnes is doing a Christmas show in Nashville in December and I’ll be joining Hanna and her friends for this show. Don’t worry, I didn’t invite myself J Really excited for this little road trip.

Tomorrow a few chapter members and I are taking the day to hang out in the French Quarter! Sunday night we have Elections, and Monday I go HOOOOOOOOME! Very thankful for family, friends, my own bed, home cooked meals, shopping, phimuccs, and a short break before finishing my travels for the semester!

SERIOUSLY, where has the time gone?!