Thanksgiving Break

“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” – Psalm 118

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Where do I even begin?! What a perfect and relaxing week it’s been at home – so much to be thankful for. I’ll keep it short and sweet: I’m most thankful for my family, my friends, a job, safety as I travel, and my health.

Here’s a quick recap of my week at home…but let me first say that I love being home. J

My first night at home I slept for 15 hours...clearly those last 3 weeks did me in! I went to both the boys’ and girls’ high school basketball games in the Mill – so many memories in that gym. I spent Thanksgiving at my mom’s cousin’s house with 50+ of my crazy family members and have never laughed so hard or ate so much good food in my life. I went Black Friday shopping from midnight-7:30am and my sleep schedule has been off ever since. I got to see my brother back in coaching action and spent more time with my grandparents. And in the morning I head back to New Orleans for my last 2 weeks on the job for the semester. Wait, what?! That’s pretty hard to believe.

But the best part? We can now listen to Christmas music!