This is Why I Love This Job

“You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job…and not be paid for it.” – Oprah

I got a call this morning from a chapter member wanting to make some serious positive changes in her chapter and she asked for some advice and help. She saw a problem, had the courage to address the problem, talked with the appropriate people, and is now developing a solution to the problem. I can tell you right now, it won’t be a popular decision to propose these changes, but it will help the chapter so much in the long run. One year ago, she never would have done that. Leadership development, people. So proud.

This is why I love this job and want to be involved with leadership development for the rest of my life.

In other news, we are getting closer and closer to recruitment here at Tulane! We are busy with meetings and upcoming workshops to get prepared for recruitment season. January will be here before we know it…both scary and very exciting!

This past weekend the chapter did a little community service and helped with a KaBOOM playground build in New Orleans. We had so much fun. Unfortunately, we couldn’t stay to see the finished product, but it was great to get out and do some good for the community and to live that first line of our Creed!

my back is still hurting from this

in front of the almost finished playground!

Andddddddd. I almost forgot. In exactly 2 weeks I'll be home for Thanksgiving Break! Until then, I've got the busiest 2 weeks of my consultant life ahead of me!