Here we gooooo!

“Here’s a map and here’s a Bible, if you ever lose your way.” – Carrie Underwood

Here we go!  I’m officially on my first chapter visit to Oklahoma State University.  What a crazy/amazing/fun 2 weeks it has been at training.  I seriously can’t believe it’s already over.  Now that all the consultants have become good friends, we have to leave each other.  Check out the video below to see what we’ve been up to and how much fun we’ve had!!


Hands down, one of the best days of training was when we got to have lunch with the Phi Mu National President and she taught us all about etiquette during the lunch.  Getting to actually meet her in person was enough of an honor, but being able to sit down with her at lunch and have a conversation…wow.  She’s got a great vision for Phi Mu, and the National Council has already done a great job of implementing their vision.

“What is the proper etiquette for pulling a bug out
of the National President’s hair?” - MB :)

I know I’ve already said it but these consultants are just so much FUN to be around.  I can’t even count the number of times I’ve cried from laughing so hard this week.

#phimucctop10

Here are my top 10 favorite consultant moments from training:
1) #phimucc bootcamp and treadmill talk with Hanna
2) the best consultant prank ever – "sins we get the washers!"
3) Jillian’s birthday aka Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Dominos, and Suze at Waffle House
4) Taco Mac…’nough said
5) becoming best friends with the morning breakfast staff at the Dolce
6) yelling at the DJ to play a song right before turning into HQ (I still couldn’t tell you how to get from the Dolce to HQ and vice versa…I have no sense of direction, but thankfully Lauren E was my shot gun navigation every time I had to drive)
7) bringing my bedding from the hotel to HQ since it’s so cold
8) getting lost with Cindy in Peachtree City after dropping Julie off in Opelika, Alabama (aka Okinawa) and getting to see HQ at night
9) scenarios with the HQ staff – a hay ride turned into a hoe down
10) #SINP… thanks, Lauren H



So, I think it’s worth it to say how much of a blessing these last 2 weeks have been.  I prayed and prayed and prayed about this job.  I love these eye-opening moments when you can sit back and go, yup, God is in complete control right now and all I need to do is trust.  I know this year isn’t always going to be easy, but it’s going to be about using the gifts God has given me to their fullest potential.  One of my favorite Bible verses reads,

“Not to us, oh Lord, not to us, but to Your name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness.” – Psalm 115:1

I am just so thankful to have been given this opportunity and all praise goes to God for surrounding me with such wonderful people - not only the consultants, but also the HQ staff and my friends and family from home who have been so supportive.  I can’t wait to see all of the great things the other consultants are going to accomplish this year! I’ve wished them all the best of luck (not that they need it!), and I’ve already talked to them all day every day since we started our travels.  Already looking forward to being reunited at mid-semester training!

FINALLY, since I got YELLED at because of a small little comment on my last post that is now removed, I want to clarify that Jamie is not scary at all and is actually pretty cool.  When she was our CRC, when she interviewed me, and when I arrived at the airport I was scared to death of her…true story.  Turns out she’s not scary at all and the consultants are very lucky to get to work with her this year!

matching dresses and dinner buddies…don’t miss me too much!
ps. I’m still taller than you even with your 6 inch heels, #thatsfine