New Orleans and Happy Birthdays!

“Maybe he’s somewhere in New Orleans, livin’ it up in the Big Easy. Right now, there’s something ‘bout a boy from the South.” – Pistol Annies

Many of you have asked what I’ve been up to since being in New Orleans! Well, WORK! Yes, believe it or not, I do have a job to do while I’m here.  I’ve had lots of meetings and have been working hard to get this chapter started on the right foot before we get too far into the semester.  The girls are great and have been super nice and welcoming so far J  I haven’t had much time to explore New Orleans or to walk around campus, but I’m sure I’ll have a chance in the next couple of weeks.  Apparently Channing Tatum is filming for G.I. Joe 2 here in Nola, so I’m definitely going to be checking that out soon – mostly for phimucc Cindy!

The only potential problem with living in New Orleans is that they’re all Saints fans.  I mean EVERYONE is a Saints fan.  This is not good for a sweet little Hoosier who is a die-hard Colts fan and who is still bitter about the Super Bowl from a couple years ago when the Saints got lucky and beat the Colts.  I REFUSE to cheer for the Saints, but I guess it would be kind of fun to go to a Saints game sometime this fall.  We’ll see.

my boy Peyton grew up in Nola and Drew Brees is a Purdue grad

On another note, happy birthday to my little Kirsten and phimucc Hanna!  I didn’t get either of you a present, but I will – I promise.

Kirsten, I still remember the first day of preseason when I knew you had to be my little.  Recruitment wasn’t for another 5 months, but I didn’t care J You were destined to be a Phi Mu.  Love you so much and I’m so proud of everything you’ve accomplished at HC.  Enjoy your senior year, miss you lots, and can’t wait to come back and visit! Anddd happy last 2-a-day EVER!

I love ruining pictures and she loves me for it

Hanna, I’m so happy I have the chance to work with you this year! You crack me up…it’s as simple as that. Yes, I will tweet anything that you text/call/fb message me because it’s always hilarious. You are one of the few people I can call and know that you won't judge me for my stupid questions (even if it's about figuring out this stupid blog!).  Keep doing big things in Phi Mu world – those chapters absolutely love you.

sadly, this is the only picture I have of us, and you're making fun of me. naturally

Andddddd…I may be coming home sometime in October!!!!!!! Excited? Yes. Absolutely. Stay tuned for details.