Keeping Things in Perspective

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33

I’ve already come to learn that with this job, it’s easy to lose sight of the “real world.”  When you work most of the day, you sometimes get so focused that all you know is in your Phi Mu bubble.  I sure do love that Phi Mu bubble, but given the events of the last few days, I want to make sure I break that bubble every now and then because life is honestly just too short.

To keep forever sacred the memory of those we have loved and lost.

So, here’s to you mom, dad, and Brian (and all my other family and friends). I know I don’t say it enough, but I love you and I can’t thank you enough for your support.  I don’t know what I would do without you.  Already looking forward to my first visit home!!

I promise I'm not that short...he's just reallyyyyy tall
 
On a brighter note, tomorrow is a day off from recruitment workshops so you know what that means…SHOPPING! (And some last minute work to make sure everything is set for Round 1 of recruitment!)  Hopefully I won’t spend my entire paycheck...or buy too many things considering I have yet to go through an airport and pass the under 50 lbs weight limit.  Whoops.