My All-Time Favorite Phi Mu

“I know you were on my side even when I was wrong, and I love you for giving me your eyes, staying back and watching me shine. And, I didn’t know if you knew, so I’m taking this chance to say that I had the best day with you today.” – Taylor Swift

I’ve met a lot of wonderful Phi Mus since I started traveling almost 2 months ago - from the phimuccs, HQ staff, volunteers, and collegians. But I have to say, no one compares to my beautiful, funny, smart, talented, hard-working mom J

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

"you sound just like your mother!" is the best compliment ever

Love you and miss you lots. I hope you have a wonderful day, and I wish I could be there to celebrate with you. Thank you for everything! You are my best friend and I love the time that we get to spend together. Brian and I are so lucky and so blessed to have the best mom in the world - I really mean that.

And wait, there’s even more reason to celebrate?!

That’s right, in exactly 1 month, I’ll be home for the weekend!! I'll get to see my grandma and grandpa and then I'll get to head home for a few days. It'll be a quick visit but it'll be so worth it. I think every blog from now on will include something about getting to go home J

I leave for Houston this morning, so I apologize right now for any “Houston, we have a problem” comments.  I’ve never been to Texas, so it should be fun!