Hanover Homesick

“If I could do it again, you know I’d do it the same.”- Corey Smith

For the first time in 4 years, I wish I was taking that 5 minute walk down Ball Drive to my first day of classes.  Exactly one year ago today marked the beginning of my senior year.  It’s amazing how times flies.  If I could go back and relive that senior year – I’d do it in a heartbeat.  Hanover, now that I’m gone…I miss ya.

The Point - I miss this view

As I was looking through my pictures today – getting all nostalgic – I realized just how much fun we had that last year.  Sure, those 3 months of studying for comps only to get a B+ were the death of me and my social life, butttttt I passed and therefore, I graduated, so it’s all good.

I sure do miss my friends.  This was just a few days before interviewing for this job!

 
what a crazy/stressful/exciting/fun week of recruitment and interviews!

The last dance ahhhh Formal.  I had a great date – so much fun! We've gotta hold on to what we've got. It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not. We've got each other and that's a lot for love.

ohhhhhh we're halfway there

Gulf Shores, AL. Spring Break. Loved every single minute. Oh man, we were living, didn't waste one minute. We talked and drank and danced and said goodbye. We laughed until we cried.

don't worry, I made her take a picture with me everyday

1 class for the last 4 weeks of school. Welcome to the greatest month in all of college history.  THIS is what I miss the most. SPRING TERM! I can't even begin to describe how much fun I had those last 4 weeks. I had more than enough credits to graduate so I took my only true blow off class of my college career: Foundations of Athletic Skills. Showing up for class was 75% of the grade :)

good ol' Johnny Rebs

Graduation.  I didn’t cry!  What an amazing day.  It was tough to say goodbye, but I was very excited for the future.  I still remember my littlelittle coming down to the kitchen to say goodbye and the tears were flowing – reminds me of some of the true friendships I made over the last 4 years!

my mom has a pic with her parents in this
exact location on her graduation day :)

And of course, I can't forget my roommates.  How they put up with me for 3 long years beats me. Love you Nat and Micah. Rooms 10-4-4 for life. If I could list every inside joke on here, I would...because I still laugh about them everyday.

we were such babies! freshman year and
the start of the "roommate pic"

So to all you seniors out there right now – enjoy this time!  This year will seriously fly by and before you know it you’ll be walking across that stage getting your diploma.  It’s an exciting and scary time but my best piece of advice would be to live in the moment.  Don’t worry about the future – be aware of it, but don’t worry about it.  Just make sure that when you leave next May you have no regrets. Yes, it will be miserable sometimes - especially during comps season - but don't complain about it. You'll miss it more than anything when you're gone!