"Can Boone Pickens Just Buy Us a Spot in the National Championship Game?"

“There’s bound to be rough waters, and I know I’ll take some falls. But with the good Lord as my captain, I can make it through them all.” – Garth Brooks

Even though I’m a child of the ‘80s, growing up in the ‘90s, I loved Garth Brooks…and still do. So it’s only fitting that I visited his alma mater 3 times this semester! Garth came to Stillwater on a track scholarship and graduated in 1984 with a degree in advertising.

when I saw this view back in August, I was scared to death.
this time, chapter members met me at the front door and I felt right at home.

I can’t believe my final chapter visit of the semester has come and gone. I seriously cannot believe how fast this semester has flown by! Taking a trip down memory lane, I landed in Oklahoma City and made my way to Stillwater on August 5 for my very first chapter visit. It honestly seems like just yesterday, but thinking about everything that has happened since then makes me very grateful and thankful that I have this job! I’ve learned so much and have grown so much since I first set foot on this campus. I can’t wait to continue to grow and to hopefully continue to assist and inspire these chapters as I make my way across Phi Mu America.

This time when I arrived in Stillwater, OSU had just beaten OU the night before in the Bedlam game. The girls were still so excited about the win and I heard so many funny stories from the night before. That night, we watched the BCS standings be revealed and I have to say, I was almost as upset as they were to see that OSU ended up #3 behind LSU and Alabama. I was hoping for a chance to see OSU play in the National Championship Game!

Because I have visited this chapter 3 times this semester, when I come back it’s always fun to just catch up with friends. The first night I was here, I met with both the new and old Executive Committees to get them thinking about some goals for next semester. Working with new Executive Committees is always fun for me, and it’s exciting to see them so excited and ready to tackle the challenge of their positions. I have so much invested in this chapter and have loved seeing them grow and watching leaders step up since that first visit back in August.

The chapter also had a hot chocolate social event with some members of the Greek community, which was perfect since their house is decorated so beautifully for the holiday season!

it only took us 5 minutes to get a good picture

I have loved getting to work with this chapter and am so thankful for the friends I’ve made. I was sad to leave knowing that this was the last visit I would make to this chapter! Lots of laughs and plenty of memories on this visit:

Qdoba running out of tortillas…what?!
Hearing my least favorite phrase – “Yo Nationals!”
Seeing the house mom’s grandson
An inspiring and honest conversation with the next President
An emerging leader wanting to help a sister out (blog coming soon!)
Driving 2 hours round-trip to only stay 15 minutes at Sam’s Club
Seeing one of my favorite Greek Advisers from all of my travels
Making plans to meet up in May with one of the chapter members when she comes to Indiana
A fun dinner with 2 chapter members at a new restaurant in Stillwater
Getting tshirts because I may or may not have asked if they had any extras J

a gift from the house mom's 7 year old grandson that he picked out all by himself. HOW PRECIOUS.

Now I'm back in New Orleans for a day and then home for about a month! I’m so looking forward to some time off and spending time with family and friends. What a great semester it’s been – already looking forward to what next semester holds!