A Very Merry Christmas

“The old neighborhood always looked so good each December. We say hello to the friends we can and can’t remember. Then the hand bells ring and all the children sing. Then we talk so late that the fireplace is on the embers. You and me and all this family… We’re gonna have a merry Christmas, babe, a very merry Christmas, baby.” – Dave Barnes

Since last time…

I went on a little Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee road trip and had the absolute best time during my first week home for the holidays!

Last Wednesday evening I headed down to Hanover to see some friends (happy birthday, Jess!) and on Thursday morning I headed to Bowling Green, Kentucky to meet up with phimucc Hanna! Friday night we headed down to Nashville for the Dave Barnes Christmas concert. I fell in love with Dave Barnes (again) that night and also with Nashville…and with Matt Wertz, Ben Rector, and Gabe Dixon since they were special guests at the concert! Saturday morning I made my way back home and stopped in Hanover again that night to see one of my old roommates and some other friends who were in town. Sunday morning I headed straight to my grandparent’s house for the Morris Family Christmas! It was a busy few days but so worth it and so much fun!

we always have those other phimuccs in mind at all times. GATOR CHOMP.

Dave Barnes and my big brother. love them both!

This week will be full of finishing up Christmas shopping, heading to the Christmas Eve church service (my favorite of the year!), celebrating Christmas at home with the fam, and heading to Florida the day after Christmas to be with the extended fam!